pullback (plural pullbacks)
- The act or result of pulling back; a withdrawal.
- (film) The act of drawing a camera back to broaden the visible scene.
- That which holds back, or causes to recede; a drawback; a hindrance.
- (architecture) The iron hook fixed to a casement to pull it shut, or to hold it partly open at a fixed point.
- (finance) A reduction in the price of a financial instrument after reaching a peak
- (category theory) The limit of a corner of arrows, which is a pair of arrows sharing the same codomain.
- As a loose analogy, one could think of the pullback of a pair of eyes focused on the same object as being the 3-D image of that object produced in the mind which is employing those eyes.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.