Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpjʊəɹɪfaɪ/, /ˈpjɔːɹɪfaɪ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpjʊɹɪfaɪ/, /ˈpjɝɪfaɪ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (transitive) To cleanse, or rid of impurities.
- 2020 May 4, “Young Practitioners Should Carefully Read “How the Specter of Communism Is Ruling Our World””, in Minghui:
- The modern arts deviate from the standards set forth by the divine—art should be used to purify one’s heart and improve one’s morality.
- (transitive) To free from guilt or sin.
- (intransitive) To become pure.
cleanse something of impurities
free someone from guilt or sin