Jump to navigation Jump to search
purring (plural purrings)
- A sound that purrs.
- 2008 February 14, Ben Ratliff, “Upholding the Standards of Smooth Jazz Purists”, in New York Times:
- Kenny G is a dull but wickedly consistent musician: automatic with his tremulous phrasing and canned licks, which formed fast, organized roils during his unaccompanied solos; melismatic purrings of the melody on ballads; and gospel phrases in R&B songs.
- Jeg fikk en purring fra biblioteket. (Bokmål)
- Eg fekk ei purring frå biblioteket. (Nynorsk)
- I got a reminder from the library.