Jump to navigation Jump to search
quadruplicate (not comparable)
- having four parts
- 1903, H.G. Wells, Mankind in the Making:
- The small schools might specialize upon the type locally most desirable, the larger might group its triplicate (or quadruplicate) system of sustained and serious courses about a common Library […]
- four times over, multiplied by four
- 1891, Rudyard Kipling, American Notes:
- […] Fortune, who delights in making the miner or the lumber-man a quadruplicate millionaire and in "busting" the railroad king.
quadruplicate (plural quadruplicates)
- in quadruplicate: four times over, in four copies
- c. 1886, Rudyard Kipling, The Lovers' Litany:
- Four times Cupid's debtor I-- / Bankrupt in quadruplicate.
quadruplicate f pl