Jump to navigation Jump to search
quodlibet (plural quodlibets)
- (music) A form of music with melodies in counterpoint.
- (art) A form of trompe l'oeil which realistically renders domestic items (paper-knives, playing-cards, ribbons, etc).
- (card games) A card game that combines several different contracts.
- (philosophy) A mode of philosophical debate popular in the Middle Ages, in which any question could be posed extemporaneously.
quodlibet m (invariable)
- quodlibet in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana