Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rant (plural rants)
- A criticism done by ranting.
- A wild, emotional, and sometimes incoherent articulation.
- A type of dance step usually performed in clogs, and particularly (but not exclusively) associated with the English North West Morris tradition. The rant step consists of alternately bringing one foot across and in front of the other and striking the ground, with the other foot making a little hop.
incoherent and emotional articulation
- To speak or shout at length in an uncontrollable anger.
- To criticize by ranting.
- To dance rant steps.
to speak or shout at length in an uncontrollable anger
to criticise by ranting
Translations to be checked
- rant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- rant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- simple past of
- past participle of