See also: Rapunzel
- (plants, vegetable) A plant with leaves and crisp roots which have been used in salads, rampion, Campanula rapunculus.
- (plants, vegetable) A plant with leaves which are used in salads, corn salad or mâche, Valerianella locusta.
- This term is used mostly in the context of the Grimm's fairy tale of the same name, with other synonyms being much more common, otherwise. Although the fairy tale referred to the rampion, there is considerable confusion: names for rampion and corn salad in various languages overlap, and the rampion is mostly obsolete as a cultivated vegetable.
- (Campanula rapunculus): rampion, raiponce, rover bellflower.
- (Valerianella locusta): corn salad/cornsalad, lamb's lettuce, mâche, fetticus, nut lettuce, field salad, doucette, raiponce.
rampion — see rampion
corn salad — see corn salad