Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- razour (obsolete)
razor (plural razors)
- A keen-edged knife of peculiar shape, used in shaving the hair from the face or other parts of the body.
- Any tool or instrument designed for shaving.
- The sharp tusk of a wild boar.
- (philosophy) A conceptual device that allows one to shave away unlikely explanations for a phenomenon.
Terms derived from razor (noun)
tusk of wild boar
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- (transitive) To cut with a razor.
2008 April 13, Sara Corbett, “Can the Cellphone Help End Global Poverty?”, in New York Times:
- He might be busy examining the advertisements for prostitutes stuck up in a São Paulo phone booth, or maybe getting his ear hairs razored off at a barber shop in Vietnam.
- “razor” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2017.