Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rectification (plural rectifications)
- The action or process of rectifying.
- the rectification of an error; the rectification of spirits
- (geometry) The determination of a straight line whose length is equal to a portion of a curve.
- (geometry) The truncation of a polyhedron by replacing each vertex with a face that passes though the midpoint of each edge connected to the vertex; an analogous procedure on a polytope of dimension higher than 3.
- (astronomy) The adjustment of a globe preparatory to the solution of a proposed problem.
- birectification (geometry)
geometry: determination of a straight line
geometry: truncation of a polyhedron
astronomy: adjustment of a globe
- truncation (geometry)
rectification f (plural rectifications)