Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To correct or amend something.
- (transitive, chemistry) To purify or refine, especially by distillation.
- (transitive, electronics) To convert alternating current into direct current.
- (transitive, transitive) To produce (as factitious gin or brandy) by redistilling bad wines or strong spirits (whisky, rum, etc.) with flavourings.
- (transitive, transitive) To adjust (a globe) in order to prepare for the solution of a proposed problem.
- See also Wikisaurus:repair
to correct or amend something
to purify or refine, especially by distillation
to convert alternating current into direct current