Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (obsolete) To cure, heal.
- (obsolete) To restore (something) to a good condition.
- (obsolete) To recover, regain (something that had been lost).
- To arrive at; to reach; to attain.
- (obsolete) cure; remedy; recovery
- 1600, [Torquato Tasso], “The Eight Booke of Godfrey of Bulloigne”, in Edward Fairefax [i.e., Edward Fairfax], transl., Godfrey of Bulloigne, or The Recouerie of Ierusalem. […], London: […] Ar[nold] Hatfield, for I[saac] Iaggard and M[atthew] Lownes, OCLC 940138160, stanza 22, page 146:
- But whom he hits without recure he dies […]