- (of a person) Feeling or filled with remorse.
- He was so remorseful that he voluntarily paid full restitution.
- Expressing or caused by remorse.
- There was a remorseful look on her face.
feeling or filled with remorse
expressing or caused by remorse
- remorseful in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “remorseful” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- "remorseful" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press 2007.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.