Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To repeal, annul, or declare void; to take (something such as a rule or contract) out of effect.
- Synonyms: cancel, annul, (of laws and policies) repeal, countermand, revoke, (of orders) recall
- The agency will rescind the policy because many people are dissatisfied with it.
- 2022 June 29, David Yaffe-Bellany, “Crypto Crash Widens a Divide: ‘Those With Money Will End Up Being Fine’”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- Coinbase also rescinded hundreds of job offers. Some of those new hires had already quit their previous jobs, or were relying on Coinbase to maintain their work visas.
- (transitive) To cut away or off.
repeal, annul, or declare void