Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of resigning.
- Jane offered her resignation to the board of directors, but they refused.
- A written or oral declaration that one resigns.
- hand in one's resignation
- An uncomplaining acceptance of something undesirable but unavoidable.
- With resignation I acknowledged that after the accident I would not be able to ski again.
- (Scotland, law, historical) The form by which a vassal returns the feu into the hands of a superior.
act of resigning
declaration that one resigns
state of uncomplaining acceptance