Jump to navigation Jump to search
rifleman (plural riflemen)
- A soldier trained to use a rifle as their primary weapon.
- The riflemen had not been issued their weapons yet, and hence they trained with wooden mock-up rifles.
- 2020 May 6, Paul Stephen, “Britain's bravest thinks big”, in Rail, page 62:
- Anil Gurung joined the Army in 2006 as a rifleman with the 2nd Royal Gurkha Regiment.
- A person especially skilled in the use of a rifle.
- She was quite the rifleman and could pick off a squirrels with a .22 from across the field with amazing accuracy.
- A small wrenlike insectivorous passerine bird endemic to New Zealand, Acanthisitta chloris, the titipounamu.
person skilled in the use of a rifle