Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: rollcall
- The reading aloud of a list of names, and subsequent responses, in order to determine who is present or absent.
- (by extension) The subset of those members of a specific group who are present or available out of the full set of all the members of said group.
- 2021 March 10, Drachinifel, 23:24 from the start, in Guadalcanal Campaign - The Big Night Battle: Night 1 (IJN 3(?) : 2 USN), archived from the original on 7 November 2022:
- On paper, the Japanese had come out on top of the engagement; granted, Hiei had taken a worrying level of damage, but Kirishima was still intact, the light cruiser Nagara and four destroyers were likewise good to go, and four more were damaged but operational. Apart from Hiei, only three destroyers were missing from the roll call.
- 2022 November 23, Hadley Freeman, “Like a cinema virgin: how Madonna went stratospheric making Desperately Seeking Susan”, in The Guardian:
- It’s an astonishing roll call of future talent from when they were still young and hungry in Manhattan.
reading of a list of names and responses
time of day for the event
such an event in a legislative body