Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
audio (US) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːlə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːlɚ/
- Rhymes: -uːlə(ɹ)
ruler (plural rulers)
- A (usually rigid), flat, rectangular measuring or drawing device with graduations in units of measurement; a rule; a straightedge with markings; a measure.
- A person who rules or governs; a person who exercises dominion or controlling power over others.
- (measuring instrument): rule.
- grand duke
- See also Wikisaurus:ruler
measuring or drawing device
person who rules or governs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked