Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Restricted to members of a single sex.
- a same-sex school
- Of, relating to, or between homosexual men or women.
- Some nations have legalized same-sex marriage.
- 2013 May 23, Sarah Lyall, "British Leader’s Liberal Turn Sets Off a Rebellion in His Party," New York Times (retrieved 29 May 2013):
- Buffeted by criticism of his policy on Europe, battered by rebellion in the ranks over his bill to legalize same-sex marriage and wounded by the perception that he is supercilious, contemptuous and out of touch with mainstream Conservatism, Mr. Cameron earlier this week took the highly unusual step of sending a mass e-mail (or, as he called it, “a personal note”) to his party’s grass-roots members.
restricted to members of a single sex
of or relating to homosexual men or women
- (restricted to members of a single sex): single-sex
- (of or relating to homosexual men or women): gay, homosexual