Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌsɑːspəˈrɪlə/
- (Northern England) IPA(key): /ˌsaspəˈrɛlə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌsæspəˈrɪlə/
Audio (US) (file)
sarsaparilla (plural sarsaparillas)
- Any of various tropical (Central and South) American vines of the genus Smilax, such as Smilax regelii, which have fragrant roots.
- The dried roots of these plants, or a flavoring material extracted from these roots.
- A beverage (soft drink) flavored with this root, such as root beer.
- Any of several North American plants, of the genus Aralia, having umbels and small white flowers.