Jump to navigation Jump to search
savant syndrome on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
See also: Savant
savant (plural savants)
- A person of learning, especially one who is versed in literature or science.
- A person who is considered eminent because of their achievements.
- A person with significant mental disabilities who is very gifted in one area of activity, such as playing the piano or mental arithmetic.
- Synonym: idiot savant
a person of learning
a person eminent for their achievements
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- “savant” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2020.
- érudit, though the two are often juxtaposed (savants being portrayed as wise, the erudite as book-smart)
- “savant” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).