Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: sĕkʹəndlē, IPA(key): /ˈsɛk.(ə)ndli/, /ˈsɛk.(ə)ntli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkəndli/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Hyphenation: sec‧ond‧ly
secondly (not comparable)
- In the second place.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page vii:
- Firstly, I continue to base most species treatments on personally collected material, rather than on herbarium plants. […] Secondly, I continue to base my concepts on intensive study of a limited suite of collections, rather than superficial study of every packet that comes to hand.
- (less jarring for many speakers) second
in the second place