Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or relating to the process of selection.
- (biology) Of or relating to natural selection.
- selective pressure
- (of a person) choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting.
- He's very selective and spent hours in the store choosing a new shirt.
- (chiefly US, not comparable) Having the authority or capability to make a selection.
- In the USA, military conscription is controlled by the Selective Service.
of or pertaining to the process of selection
choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting
- “selective” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.