Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: sélective
- Of or relating to the process of selection. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (biology) Of or relating to natural selection.
- selective pressure
- (of a person) choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting.
- He's very selective and spent hours in the store choosing a new shirt.
- (chiefly US, not comparable) Having the authority or capability to make a selection.
- In the USA, military conscription is controlled by the Selective Service.
of or pertaining to the process of selection
choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting