Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The skin of a sheep, especially when used to make parchment or in bookbinding.
- 1891, Outing: Sport, Adventure, Travel, Fiction, volume 17, page 137:
- I confess to having felt a prejudice against sleeping in a bag, more especially a sheepskin bag, which would probably have a muttony odor; but it was pronounced to be the warmest and least cumbersome form of bedding we could have […]
- (US, countable) A diploma.
- (countable or uncountable) The tanned skin of a sheep with the fleece left on, especially when used for clothing, rugs, etc.
skin of a sheep