Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- present participle of
- (countable) An instance of shooting (a person) with a gun.
- Police are hunting the people who carried out the shootings last week.
- (uncountable) The sport or activity of firing a gun.
- The act of one who, or that which, shoots.
- the shooting of an archery club; the shooting of rays of light
- A sensation of darting pain.
- a shooting in one's head
- shooting brake
- shooting gallery
- shooting iron
- shooting lodge
- shooting preserve
- shooting range
- shooting stick
- skeet shooting
- sure as shooting
- wing shooting
instance of shooting
the sport or activity of firing a gun