Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the verb phrase shoot out.
shootout (plural shootouts)
- A decisive battle, especially a gunfight.
- (soccer) A penalty shootout.
- (ice hockey) A series of penalty shots during which a tied game is resolved.
- (poker) A multitable poker tournament in which only the last player on a table goes on to the next.
- 64 players entered the shooutout tournament, and were divided into eight tables of eight players each. The winner in each table went on to the final table, also consisting of eight players.
- (sports) A match in which both teams score highly.
- (sports): SO (abbreviation)