Jump to navigation Jump to search
showcase (plural showcases)
- A case for displaying merchandise or valuable items.
- A setting, occasion, or medium for exhibiting something or someone, especially in an attractive or favorable aspect.
- (case for displaying): vitrine, display case
- (setting for exhibiting in favorable aspect): flagship (especially of a store)
a case for displaying merchandise or valuable items
a setting for displaying something favorably
- To display, demonstrate, show, or present.
- I think the demonstration really showcases the strengths of the software.
- 2012 August 24, Yoram Hazony, “The God of Independent Minds”, The Wall Street Journal:
- Today's debates over the place of religion in modern life often showcase the claim that belief in God stifles reason and science.
- 2013, Velvet Carter, Blissfully Yours (page 93)
- The women usually wore bikini tops with shorts, swimsuits underneath cover-ups or just swimsuits. Men came in various types of trunks, from traditional boxers, to Speedos, to G-string trunks that showcased their packages.