Jump to navigation Jump to search
signing (plural signings)
- The act of concluding a contract, especially by an athlete or entertainer with a company.
- 1992 November 12, Frank Hughes, “Prep Baseball Stars Lambert, Yankosky Take Spotlight With Early Signings”, in Washington Post, page B5:
- In basketball signings, Maryland added depth to its frontcourt by signing 6-foot-9 forward-center Joe Smith of Maury High in Norfolk […]
- (by extension) A player signed by a sporting organization.
- 2011 September 28, Tom Rostance, “Arsenal 2 - 1 Olympiakos”, in BBC Sport:
- Early goals from summer signings Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Andre Santos proved enough to give Arsenal a narrow win over Olympiakos.
- An event (signing session) in a bookshop etc. where an author signs copies of his or her book.
- The use of sign language; skill at using a sign language.