silence is golden
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Peace and quiet have great value.
- Often the best choice is to say nothing.
- 1897, Horatio Alger, chapter 2, in Walter Sherwood's Probation:
- But I have spoken long enough. There are times when silence is golden, and one of those times is at hand.
- 1987 April 4, T.R. Witomski, “witomski responds to readers' response to witomski (letter)”, in Gay Community News, page 6:
- I shouldn't lower myself to respond to the personal attacks on me, but silence, as the current scandal plaguing the federal administration shows, isn't golden.