Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Examples (figure of speech)|
Her eyes were like stars.
- A figure of speech in which one thing is compared to another, in the case of English generally using like or as.
- A simile is like a metaphor.
- 1925, Fruit of the Flower, by Countee Cullen
- My father is a quiet man -- With sober, steady ways; -- For simile, a folded fan; -- His nights are like his days.
figure of speech in which one thing is compared to another
- Simile on Wikipedia.en.Wikipedia
- Category:English similes
- Appendix:English similes - an appendix containing many similes
simile m, f (masculine and feminine plural simili)
- Non è molto simile. It is not very similar.