Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Without help from others; unassisted.
- 1962 April, “Motive power miscellany: Western Region”, in Modern Railways, page 280:
- It worked through from Swindon with a test train of 16 coaches and the new W.R. dynamometer car, the whole totalling 571 tons; this is one of the heaviest trains ever worked by a single-handed locomotive over the South Devon banks—in fact, it was competently restarted from a test stop on Dainton bank.
- Using only one hand.
- Designed for only one hand.
without help from others; unassisted
using only one hand
single-handed (not comparable)
- In a single-handed manner.