Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: skydaddy
- (slang, derogatory, sometimes captialized) A god (especially, God).
2010, Stross, Charles, The Fuller Memorandum (Laundry Files), New York: Penguin, ISBN 9780441018673, LCCN 2010013534, LCC PR6119.T79 F85 2010, page 81:
- For starters, having an ideology that explicitly denies the existence of an invisible sky daddy is a bit of a handicap when it comes to assimilating the idea of nightmarish immortal aliens from elsewhere in the multiverse, given that the NIAs in question have historically been identified as gods (subtype: elder).
2010 October 14, “Well Said”, in The Good Atheist:
- An invisible sky daddy didn’t save all those Chilean miners; real people with science and technology got it done!
2011 November 9, Bush, Matt, “Nature doesn’t care about us”, in In which I wax acerbic:
- Nature isn’t some sky daddy, it’s what makes up reality by definition.
2011, Köehler, John Leonard, Billy Blue Sky:
- “Magic!” said Billy, clapping his hands with delight. “I talked to my sky daddy. He made a magic dream in your heart.”