Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒpi
- Very wet; covered in or composed of slop.
- The dog tracked sloppy mud through the kitchen!
- Messy; not neat, elegant, or careful.
- The carpenter did a sloppy job of building the staircase.
- Imprecise or loose.
- A sloppy measurement; a sloppy fit!
- See also Thesaurus:careless
very wet; covered in or composed of slop
messy; not neat, elegant, or careful
imprecise or loose
- sloppy in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- sloppy in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911