smell you later
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsmɛl ju ˈleɪtə/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsmɛl jə ˈleɪtɚ/, [-ɾɚ]
- Hyphenation: smell you la‧ter
- (humorous, informal) See you later; goodbye.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:goodbye
- 1992 September 21, Will Smith; Quincy Jones (lyrics and music), “Yo Home to Bel-Air”, performed by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince:
- I pulled up to the house about seven or eight / And I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo homes smell ya later’ / I looked at my kingdom; I was finally there / To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air
- 2012, Emma Hannigan, Driving Home for Christmas, Dublin: Hachette, →ISBN; ebook edition, London: Headline Review, 2014, →ISBN:
- When they were ready to run around the track for the first time, Joey nudged Clive. ‘Smell you later, old man,’ he gibed. ‘Hey, I’m your boss.’ Clive swiped at him and missed as Joey bolted away. ‘Not on the track you’re not,’ Joey said, laughing.
see you later; goodbye — see goodbye