Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any meat that is cured by smoking.
- (uncountable, Canada) A salt-cured, spiced, smoked beef brisket, similar to pastrami, developed in Montreal from Eastern European Yiddish Jewish traditions. Traditionally, this is made from a brisket cut, though derivatives may use other cuts.
smoked meat in general
- (Quebec) Montreal-style smoked meat (a spiced salt and smoke cured meat made from a brisket cut of beef)
- A sandwich made with sliced smoked meat on rye bread with mustard.
- (deli meat): viande fumée