Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: so and so
- A placeholder name for a person or thing, used when a name is not known; a generic name.
- She told me to ask so-and-so, but he didn't know, either.
- Business letters normally begin "Dear Mr So-and-So".
- Some thing or things.
- He will tell you to do so-and-so, but read the instructions first, anyway.
- (euphemistic, derogatory) Used for epithets such as SOB, bastard, etc..
- That miserable so-and-so messed up my work!
- See also Thesaurus:whatsaname
name used to take the place of an epithet