Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (philosophy) The theory that the self is all that exists or that can be proven to exist.
- Self-absorption, an unawareness of the views or needs of others; self-centeredness; egoism.
- 2011, Bing West, No True Glory: A Frontline Account of the Battle for Fallujah:
- The solipsism that too frequently infects high commands has no place on a battlefield.
- 2012 August 21, Jason Heller, “The Darkness: Hot Cakes (Music Review)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Self-mythology has always been part of The Darkness’ shtick, but here Hawkins and crew forget to back it up with music catchy enough to transcend the solipsism.
- (philosophy): individualism