Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: spacesuit
- A system of protective and pressurized clothing, together with environmental equipment, worn by astronauts when in space.
- A pressurized protective outfit worn by people working with extreme biohazards.
- 1994, Time - Volume 144, Issues 10-18:
- Yale officials may have to consider treating Sabia virus as a so-called class 4 biohazard from now on, which means researchers will be able to handle it only inside a glove box or while wearing a space suit.
- 1998, Carole Marsh, New Mexico Hot Zones!:
- It is really a pressurized, heavy-duty biological space suit.
- 2008, Ken Alibek, Biohazard, page 54:
- Zone Two had its own protective gear—not quite so cumbersume as the space suit, but still requiring an elaborate rite of passage from the outside world.
system of clothing worn by astronauts when in space
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked