Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ætə(r)
Related to spit (“saliva”).
- (transitive) To splash with small droplets.
- When my wet chihuahua shook himself, I was spattered with smelly water.
- (transitive) To distribute by sprinkling; to sprinkle around.
- to spatter blood
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Alexander Pope to this entry?)
- (transitive, figuratively) To injure by aspersion; to defame.
to splash with small droplets
to distribute by sprinkling; to sprinkle around