Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
specialist (plural specialists)
- Someone who is an expert in, or devoted to, some specific branch of study or research.
- (medicine) A physician whose practice is limited to a particular branch of medicine or surgery.
- (US, military) Any of several non-commissioned ranks corresponding to that of corporal.
- An organism that is specialized for a particular environment.
- The tree Lepidothamnus laxifolius is a high alpine specialist found in high-altitude bog communities and in scrub.
- (Someone who is an expert or devoted to a particular area of study): aficionado, enthusiast, connoisseur
- See also Wikisaurus:physician
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
|Declension of specialist|