Jump to navigation Jump to search
- speedometre (nonstandard)
speedometer (plural speedometers)
- A device that measures, and indicates the current speed of a vehicle.
- 1962 December, “Talking of Trains: Derailment at Lincoln”, in Modern Railways, page 375:
- Although it might be thought that drivers would naturally refer constantly to the speedometer, older drivers who come to diesel driving after years of steam experience without the help of speedometers, as well as those on steam engines which have been equipped with speedometers in recent years, have not accustomed themselves to the constant use of this instrument.
- Such a device incorporating an odometer.
a device that measures, and indicates the current speed of a vehicle
- “speedometer” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
- “speedometer” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.