Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
speedrun (plural speedruns)
- (video games) A playthrough of a computer or video game in which the whole game or a select part of it, such as a single level, is played with the intent of completing it as quickly as possible, optionally with certain prerequisites.
- To create a speedrun.
to complete a speedrun
- Speed Demos Archive contributors, “Frequently Asked Questions”, Speed Demos Archive, retrieved May 20
- Turner, B. (2005), “Smashing the Clock”, 1UP.com, retrieved August 13
- Choudhury, R. (2004), “Beating them at their own game”, Gamingredients, retrieved October 2
- Pflug, N. (2004), “History of Quake speed-running”, Speed Demos Archive, retrieved October 16
- Merrill, D. (2003), “A Brief DOOM Demo History”, Doomworld, retrieved October 16
- Mills, A. (2005), “Metroid Sequence Breaking”, Samus.co.uk, retrieved December 21
- NESVideos contributors (2006), “Glossary”, NESVideos, retrieved October 16
- Totilo, S. (2006), “Gamers Divided Over Freakish Feats Achieved With Tool-Assisted Speed Runs”, MTV News, retrieved April 29
- Totilo, S. (2005), “For Some Gamers, Merely Finishing A Game Isn't Enough”, MTV News, retrieved April 29