Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Speller
- Rhymes: -ɛlə(ɹ)
speller (plural spellers)
- A person who spells.
- I'm a slow reader but a good speller.
- 2005, Michael W. Riley, Plato's Cratylus: Argument, Form, and Structure, page 124:
- Without insisting on a difference between the inventors and the spellers of words, Socrates makes short work of this case.
- A participant in a spelling bee.
- (US) A book used to learn how to spell properly.
- (computing) A spell checker.
- 1987, PC Mag, volume 6, number 17, page 358:
- But Word's spelling program still isn't fully integrated into the word processor. For one thing, any changes and corrections you make from the speller's menus don't appear on-screen until you get back to your original file.
person who spells
participant in a spelling bee