Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
spod (plural spods)
- (Internet) One who uses talkers, an early form of chat room.
- (colloquial) One who studies excessively and is disliked by fellow students because of it; a swot.
- (colloquial) One who wastes time on nonproductive activities online.
- (military) Sea Port of Debarkation.
- (fishing) A container used to distribute a large amount of bait in a single cast.
- (fishing) To fish using a spod.
Pronunciation depends on a following word.
spod + genitive