Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: stāʹ-bəl-īz' IPA(key): /ˈsteɪ.bəl.ˌaɪz/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Hyphenation: sta‧bil‧ize
- Rhymes: -eɪbəlaɪz
stabilize (third-person singular simple present stabilizes, present participle stabilizing, simple past and past participle stabilized)
- (transitive) To make stable.
- Jody stabilized the table by putting a book under the short leg.
- (intransitive) To become stable.
- The country will stabilize after the next election ends.
to make stable
to become stable
Borrowed from French stabilisé..
- English terms suffixed with -ize
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English transitive verbs
- English terms with usage examples
- English intransitive verbs
- Turkish terms borrowed from French
- Turkish terms derived from French
- Turkish words borrowed from French past participles
- Turkish terms with IPA pronunciation
- Turkish lemmas
- Turkish adjectives