Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Resembling a star, especially in shape.
2007 September 16, Lawrence K. Altman, “4 Winners of Lasker Medical Prize”, New York Times:
- For example, long projections emerged from the cells and floated before they retracted, creating a starlike pattern.
- Resembling or characteristic of a celebrity or leading actor.
- (geometry) Convex; having the property that any line segment joining any mapped point to a specified point in the domain lies entirely in the domain.
- the growth theorem for holomorphic starlike mappings