See also: Stewpot
stewpot (plural stewpots)
- A pot used for making stew, usually large and heavy.
- 2009 February 4, Melissa Clark, “Braised Rabbit, Easier on the Fat”, in New York Times:
- What my parents served me from that very same stewpot was chicken.
- (art, literature) A jumble, especially one that lacks intellectual coherence.
- 2007 February 6, Michiko Kakutani, “Dispatch From Gomorrah, Savaging the Cultural Left”, in New York Times:
- It’s a nasty stewpot of intellectually untenable premises and irresponsible speculation that frequently reads like a “Saturday Night Live” parody of the crackpot right.