Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Middle English strongere, strengere (“stronger”), from Old English strongra, strengra (“stronger”), from Proto-Germanic *strangizô (“*stronger”), comparative of Proto-Germanic *strangaz (“strong”). More at strong.
- (General American) IPA(key): /stɹɔŋɡɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /stɹɒŋɡə/
- (Canada, cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈstɹɑŋɡɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒŋɡə(ɹ)
- comparative form of : more strong
- (logic) Said of one proposition with respect to another one: that the former entails the latter, but the latter does not entail the former.