stumper (plural stumpers)
- One who stumps, or speaks, or orates, as a politician.
- He's not yet well known, but he's a good stumper.
- (informal) A difficult puzzle or problem.
- Global warming is a real stumper.
- (archaic, slang) A boastful person.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for stumper in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- Hyphenation: stum‧per
- pitiable person