Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
successive (not comparable)
- Coming one after the other in a series.
- They had won the title for five successive years.
2011 November 5, Phil Dawkes, “QPR 2 - 3 Man City”, in BBC Sport:
- Mancini's men were far from their best but dug in to earn a 10th win in 11 league games and an eighth successive victory in all competitions to maintain their five-point lead at the top of the table.
- Of, or relating to a succession; hereditary.
- a successive title; a successive empire
- (in a series): consecutive
in a series
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- absolute definite natural masculine form of successiv.