Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Suffix
suffix (plural suffixes)
- (grammar, linguistic morphology) A morpheme added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning.
- (mathematics) A subscript.
- (computing) A final segment of a string of characters.
- The string "abra" is both a prefix and a suffix of the string "abracadabra".
- The plural suffices occasionally appears (including in one educational publication), but it is not a standard plural and has no basis in the Latin origin of the term.
- (types of affixes): adfix, affix, ambifix, circumfix, confix, infix, interfix, libfix, postfix, prefix, suprafix
morpheme added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning
append (something) to the end of something else