Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Suffix
suffix (plural suffixes)
- (grammar, linguistic morphology) A morpheme added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning.
- The suffix "-able" changes "sing" into "singable".
- (mathematics) A subscript.
- The plural suffices occasionally appears (including in one educational publication), but it is not a standard plural.
- affix (narrow sense)
- affix (broad sense)
- (types of affixes): adfix, affix, ambifix, circumfix, confix, infix, interfix, libfix, postfix, prefix, suprafix
morpheme added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning
append (something) to the end of something else